Your Yeezys will cost you a pretty penny, so it’s understandable to want to keep them clean and search for the best way to care for them. It’s normal for all shoes to go through a little wear and tear. That’s why we created a list for “How to clean different Yeezys styles” so they last as long as they should.
So here is your ultimate guide to all things Yeezy and the biggest do not so you don’t ruin them on the first try. It’s all about maintenance and regular care. Let’s get to it.
How To Clean Yeezys
In this section, we will cover the following styles and steps on how to clean them.
- Yeezy slides
- Yeezy 350
- Yeezy 700
- White Yeezy
- Yeezy 500
- Yeezy foam runners
How to Clean Yeezy Slides, 500s, 700s, and Foam Runners
Yeezy slides fall into the delicate category. This procedure will be the same for Yeezy foam runners, 500s, and 700s. You may think you can throw these in the washing machine, but that is a big no-no. Yeezy slides, 700s, and foam runners will onboard the water and ruin the materials. That’s why you need to follow this step-by-step guide. Treating them delicately can go a long way.
Yeezy 500s Tip: Keep in mind that the upper part of the shoe features suede materials. Putting water directly on them can cause issues. That’s why using a water-repellent cleaner after you spot-treat can prevent future damage and wear and tear.
- Soft bristle toothbrush
- Microfiber cloth or towel
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Multi-purpose stain remover or shoe cleaner
Steps to Clean
Yeezy slides are delicate, and they should be treated as so. Here is how to clean them. Tip: Spot treatment is the way to go. If you are dealing with 700s with laces, remove them before cleaning. Some slides are like cleaning crocs, and you may not need to remove laces.
- Take a medium or large bowl and mix warm (not hot) water and liquid laundry detergent. You can use a spoon or fork. The solution should be well-mixed and sudsy.
- Take your soft-bristled toothbrush, and spot-treat your Yeezy slides with the shoe cleaner or your multi-purpose stain remover. To treat, apply a little to the toothbrush and gently scrub in circular motions to loosen the stain you are working on. You can let the mix stay on the shoe for 10 minutes.
- Now, using your microfiber cloth or non-shedding towel, dip it into the sudsy mix. Wipe up the stain remover with the towel to get the stain up. You can wipe down the entire slide. If you notice that dirt is still sticking into the nooks and crannies, you may need to repeat step two a second or third time.
- Using a clean and dry microfiber cloth, dry the excess off the shoes so they don’t absorb any water.
How to Clean Yeezys 350
Yeezy models 350, 380, and 450 can all be treated the same. If you are wondering what is the best way to clean Yeezys, this method is usually a go-to.
- Soft bristle toothbrush
- Stain remover or cleaning solution
Steps to Clean
These Yeezys styles are grouped together because the sneakers can generally handle a little bit more when it comes to cleaning the shoes. Remove all accessories that are in the shoes. Also, remove any soles.
- Start with a hand-washing method before you try an alternate route. Fill your bowl with lukewarm water.
- Pick a soft-bristled brush (using something too hard can ruin different Yeezy materials, such as suede).
- Just like your slides, you will want to spot-treat all the stained and dirty areas. If you notice that the solution isn’t making much of a difference, then there is a second method you can try listed below.
How to clean Yeezys in the washing machine
Even if you want to use your washing machine, it’s best to follow the above instructions first to loosen any dirt or stains that may need some extra help. Then you can do the following by using your washing machine.
- Put your Yeezys in a mesh laundry bag or in a pillowcase to prevent them from coming directly in contact with water. Pillowcases are better because mesh bags may still let in too much water directly.
- You will need to set the water temperature to the coldest setting to make sure no warm water shrinks the shoes or runs any of the dye. Also, select a gentle setting, so you don’t damage the shoes.
- You can throw in white sheets with the shoes to protect the shoes from hitting the washing machine and dryer sides. Be sure not to overload the washer and use white sheets instead of colored ones to avoid dye leaking.
How to dry Yeezys after washing
Simply let your shoe air dry. You should not put them into the drying machine as this can shrink the shoe and cause permanent damage. This is especially true for Yeezy slides and foam runners. When the shoes are banging around trying to dry, you may also ruin your washer or dryer.
How to clean Yeezys with household items
The best solution you can use is one part warm water with two parts white distilled vinegar. This solution can clean most shoes and is even better if you are wondering how to clean white Yeezys. The vinegar solution is strong enough to help remove dirt and stuck-on stains but gentle and natural enough that it doesn’t ruin the shoe. You still don’t want to soak the shoe, but instead, use a spot-treatment method.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chances are you’ve looked up how to clean Yeezys on Reddit before and found a lot of information that may or may not be good advice. No need to keep searching because this section is dedicated to the rest of the frequently asked questions we didn’t get to in the blog.
Pro tip: When in doubt, always read the manufacturer’s label.
How long do Yeezys take to dry after washing?
After all the hard work you’ve done to clean your shoes, you don’t want to get them dirty right away. Allow your Yeezys to dry for at least 24 hours. They weren’t made to get wet, so giving them ample time to dry ensures that the water is out before you start putting pressure on them by wearing them on your feet.
Can you use dish soap on Yeezys?
Dish soap is a great way to replace liquid detergent if you don’t have that handy. But it should be a natural solution, so it’s not filled with toxins. All you have to do is replace it with the detergent in the instructions. Be sure to combine well, as you don’t want to have any soapy residue line in your Yeezys. This can create gross watermarks and defeat the purpose of cleaning them.
What to avoid when cleaning Yeezys
The last thing anyone wants to do is ruin a perfectly good pair of Yeezys. That’s why we have come up with a list of things to avoid.
- Stay away from harsh chemicals and cleaners. This can alter the texture of the shoe and burn through the materials. The more natural you go, the better. That’s why a homemade solution is always the best option.
- Avoid using a hard bristled brush or any sort of scraper. You don’t want to chip away or rub against the shoe materials. Gentle scrubbing with a soft shoe brush or toothbrush is enough to get rid of dirt and stains without ruining the material.
- Never water-log your Yeezys. They aren’t meant to take on a lot of water. This is true except for the section that allows for them to be machine washed. In this case, they can as long as they are protected with a case.
These are the big offenders when it comes to ruining your Yeezys. Treating them delicately will help preserve the shoe for a long time.
Preventative Care is the Best Cleaner
You paid a lot of money to have your shoes, so you should be able to wear them. However, it’s important to know that the best way to keep your Yeezys clean is to treat them with kindness. If you avoid wearing them out on rainy and muddy days, you will likely have less of a mess to deal with. A lot of the above solutions work, but sometimes we don’t like to wear white shoes during the winter months because they are harder to clean after snow and sludge get on them.