November 1, 2021
If you’re looking to save time when it comes to cleaning bathrooms (aren’t we all?), put together a bathroom cleaning caddy. This is something you do once and continue to reap the benefits as you use it. I have kept a bathroom cleaning caddy under the bathroom sink for years. I’ve talked about it here on the blog and written about it in my books. I find that having a couple quick cleaning supplies at the ready for any little mess or for Mondays when I clean the bathrooms.
Think about what supplies you use most or every time you clean the bathroom and put them together in your caddy. I keep toilet cleaning supplies (like the toilet brush and Pumie – see this post) and shower cleaning supplies in separate containers under the sink. Here are my must-haves – a caddy, cleaning cloths, a good scrub brush, all-purpose spray, mirror spray, sink scrub, and castile soap.
GRAB A CADDY
First things first, find a bucket or a caddy to use – make sure it has a handle on it for toting around the bathroom or if you want to bring it to another bathroom as you clean. Here are three of my favorites. The large bucket on the left is what I used in this post and it’s from my shop. I have other caddies linked in my Amazon shop under Organizing Favorites and Cleaning Products.
GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES AND TOOLS – HERE’S WHAT I KEEP IN MY CADDY:
- DIY Cleaning Spray or my All-Purpose Spray
- Hydrogen Peroxide – I put a sprayer on the bottle and use it for disinfecting
- Castile Soap – squirt in the toilet and scrub or add to the sink scrub or Oxygen Whitener (below) for a little extra cleaning action
- Sink Scrub – use this on tubs, showers, in the sink, toilet – anywhere you need a little scrubbing power
- Oxygen Whitener – sprinkle in toilets to whiten, sprinkle in sinks and tubs to scrub
- Cleaning Cloths – my preference for bathrooms is the Cleaning Cloth Kit because it includes a window cloth, all-purpose cloth, and a scrubbing cloth, of course, use what you prefer
- Cleaning Caddy – I use a large bucket with a handle so I can tote it from bathroom to bathroom, but if you have a caddy or container that works, use that!
- Glass Spray Bottles and Bands – my preference for DIY cleaners
- Scrub Brushes – I use a large surface scrubber and a detail brush in the bathrooms as needed for scrubbing tile and grout
You can see all my favorites on my Favorites Page here.
Having a bathroom cleaning caddy at the ready is a huge timesaver but so is my bathroom quick clean method. Head to this post to get a free printable how-to guide and all the details.